Challenge: Do Something For a Community Project
Okay. It's Wednesday October 20th now. The month has about 11 days to go, give or take a few hours. And you're part of a community of volunteers.
Yes, you are. It may be the fediverse, tildeverse, geminispace, a sports club, the blogosphere, the IndieWeb, a book circle, a neighbourhood, or even your family or circle of friends.
Here's the challenge: before the month is over you should make a contribution above your usual commitment to at least one of these communities.
- Give some money or time to a charity you're fond of.
- Write some documentation for some open source software you use.
- Submit something to a zine, web radio, journal, or what have you.
- Writing swap: write for someone else's blog/gemlog/phlog while they write for yours.
- Make an extra effort to help a friend in need.
- Help someone in need in your block or apartment building.
- Or even just invite a neighbour you don't know yet for a cup of coffee (though tea is of course better, objectively 😉)
- Make an effort to get to know someone else in an online community.
- Spread the word about something you like that deserves extra attention.
You may or may not write/brag about what you've done, of course.
-- CC0 Björn Wärmedal